Wednesday 11 June 2014

Behind the Scenes at made by lolly : My favourite tools

So, these are my extra special favourite tools... The ones I use ALL THE TIME!

 

If you look closely, you'll notice that most of them are very well used, slightly battered and covered in glue. Although I love getting new equipment as much as the next crafter, somehow I don't feel that it truly belongs in my workroom until I've dropped it, lost it, found it and covered it in glue!

You'll also notice that most of them are pink.

To this day I have no idea why crafter's tools have to be pink.
I wrote a blog post about it 3 years ago. And it seems that nothing has changed...

My extra special favourite tools
So, what have we actually got here then?
What are the must have tools on a felt flower maker's desk?

TOP:
Steel Safety Ruler, Steel Ruler

MIDDLE:

BOTTOM:
Fabric Scissors, Embroidery Scissors, Tweezers, Stitch Unpicker, Glue Spreader, Rotary Cutter

UNDERNEATH:
A3 Cutting Mat

And here we have some of my new favourite gadgets...

 

My new favourite tools

Fiskars Paper Trimmer, Bobbin Winder, Self Cover Button Tool

 

But what's on my wishlist...


I've just seen that Paper and String have just got in some 'Scalloped' Scissors
Just like Pinking Shears, but they cut scallops.
I really don't know why I need them... but I definitely DO need them!

http://paper-and-string.co.uk/products/246776--7mm-scallop-scissors.aspx
Scallop Scissors from paper-and-string

I've also got a wireless all-in-one printer/scanner thingymebob on my list
I'm convinced that the ONLY* thing that's holding me back from having a perfectly organised and efficient administration system is the ability to print on demand from anywhere in the house.

*I'm obviously deluded. But it's gotta help, right?

I'd love to know what are your must-have tools, and what's on your wishlist.
Feel free to comment and link below!

Laura

And if you want to find out more about my favourite suppliers, why not visit
Behind the Scenes at made by lolly : My favourite suppliers

1 comment:

  1. You have such a pretty collectioon of tools, who wouldn't want to work with them! The pink wire cutter is so pretty! these things are a must have i guess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...