Friday 1 April 2011

Looking to the future!

Apologies for being AWOL for a little while - I promise I haven't forgotten all about you!
Life has been busy with lots of real-world concerns crowding in and interfering with the creativity. Fortunately most of these issues now seem to have resolved themselves and I have been able to dust myself down and start planning and plotting.... (cue evil genius laugh!)

Basically, due to funding cuts and the subsequent re-structuring process, my real-world job has been relocated and been reduced to just two days a week. Financially this is not ideal.
BUT... it does have lots of advantages!
  • Less days out working means more days here at HQ designing and making!
  • Not working Fridays means I can reinstate my regular Folksy Friday blog spot
  • I will be able to devote more time to Yorkshire Made
  • I will now have an extra day off with the Other Half 
  • If we get a nice summer I will be able to enjoy it while it lasts!

All of these positive outcomes mean I will be able to make more products and therefore commit to attending more fairs too! I've started to make more bookings and the made by lolly x events calendar is starting to fill up nicely! The next few events are:


Reetsweet Art Design and Neo Craft Fair at the Corn Exchange in Leeds - this Sunday 3rd April!

I'm really looking forward to this one! It's my first event in Leeds and my first visit to the Corn Exchange for about 10 years. I can't wait to see what they've done to the place. You can find out all about my fellow stall holders by reading the reetsweet blog 

After that I am booked in to do Montgomery Hall in Wath-Upon-Dearne on the 16th April, The Glasshouse in Doncaster on the 1st May, and Beighton Lifestyle Centre in Sheffield on 25th/26th June, as well as a couple more that have not been confirmed yet! 


 I've also started testing the waters with a new range of gift wrapping. It's currently only available through made by lolly x on Facebook or from me at craft fairs. You can see the full range in the photo album on FB. If it proves popular I may start selling it in my Folksy shop. Let me know what you think!


And this is my big exciting news...
I'm also planning to open a new made by lolly x online shop! 

This one will be on Etsy and will be a little bit special - a place for me 
to indulge my passion for purple! 


The shop will showcase some of my favourite purple designs that are currently available through my Folksy shop, but will also allow me to experiment with some more unusual and unique designs! I'm hoping that the range will be incredibly diverse, taking in lots of different items, styles and materials. Everything that the lover of purple could need! I'll keep you posted on my progress and let you know when the shop is ready to be launched!

So really, I've got enough to be keeping me busy for a little while! But I've always 
got time for custom orders ;-) 
Have a great week. 
Laura x


    2 comments:

    1. Lovin' the plans and plotting (and evil genius laugh!) love even more on your positive outlook for your reduced real world working week, good luck with all!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thaks so much for your supportive comment! It can be hard to stay positive knowing that there will be less money coming in, but at the moment the sun is out, the creative juices are flowing and all seems well with the world! x

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...