Monday 31 January 2011

'Lovely Layers' - New range of felt goodies!

Apologies for my lack of posts recently - I have making the most of some creative momentum and have been busy designing and making the new 'Lovely Layers' range, as well as getting involved in setting up a new Yorkshire based craft page on Facebook!
It's been busy, busy, busy here at made by lolly x HQ!

'Lovely Layers' 

As you can probably guess from the name of the range, my new items are made from several layers of felt! This is a different style to what I usually use and the simpler construction has allowed the opportunity to be much more experimental with the number of colours I use in a single piece! I must say it has been very exciting trying out the different colour combinations and seeing how they sit alongside the other pieces I have made. I keep trying to tell myself that the process is 'Research and Development' into new products - but really it feels like a grown up version of Fuzzy Felt - the ubiquitous lo-fi toy of my childhood!

I'm really pleased with the results so far - not only has it been great fun to do, but the finished pieces seem very versatile. At this stage I have concentrated mainly on brooches, (all of which are available to buy in my Folksy shop!) but I have many, many ideas of how the pieces could be used on other things.
I don't want to reveal too much now.... you'll just have to keep checking back for updates!

'Yorkshire Made'

As I said earlier, one of the other reasons it has been so busy here at HQ is that I have been involved in the  early stages of setting up a new page on Facebook.

Called 'Yorkshire Made', the new page is hoping to be the one stop regional shop for all things crafty in Yorkshire! We are hoping to offer friendship, advice and support as well as be a source of information - posting details about forthcoming events and local suppliers. It's currently in the very early stages of development but we have lots of ideas to help it grow!

We don't yet have a dedicated username that allows a quick link to the site... but we will have very soon! In the meantime, typing Yorkshire Made into the FB search bar should do the trick!
Please feel free to join us, and add your details to the page!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh Yorkshire Made, sounds fab, will come and join you.
    Love the flowers, I got a bigshot recently and have been having lots of fun making layered flower adornments for my bags x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...