Friday 22 October 2010

Folksy Friday - One for Sorrow...

I had originally planned to do today's Folksy Friday on the theme of Magpies on account of the fact that I am a collector and hoarder of all sorts of flotsam and jetsam, and a fan of bright and cheerful patterns - I can't resist a gorgeous print any more than the magpie can resist that hint of shine! Somehow though, in the process of planning this post, the selections became based on the famous rhyme instead of the birds themselves!

 
One for sorrow, two for joy...
  Three for a girl, and four for a boy...
Five for silver, six for gold...
And seven for a secret never to be told...

A true magpies nest of eclectic items from various Folksy Sellers! Just click on the picture to be taken directly to that seller's shop.

So as you can see, this week I have seriously limited my colour palette to match the distinctive colours of the magpie and have ended up with quite a dark and Gothic selection.
But I have an interesting idea to brighten things up - just you wait till next week...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...